I missed posting this yesterday but none the less I am posting it now because I think it is important to recap what you are learning from the Lord. When you acknowledge what you are encountering and then publicize it then you become accountable to the application of it. For those of you who went to Passion ’11…did you guys get anything out of these things??
10. Eating at Chickfila, Cheesecake Factory, IKEA, and more Chickfila. I guess the stop in Hardees counts too even though it is was not the best dine-in experience.
9. The Go Center was smaller this year, but the outcome was insane. To thing that the broke college student world brought in $1.1 million for the causes that Passion set before us. Things like business loans, feeding hungry children, building houses, rescuing sex slaves, sponsoring children, providing surgeries and building wells.
8. The time of worship was very overwhelming and refreshing. The new songs were awesome especially the one about Spirit fall down, Spirit fall down, Holy Spirit fall down on us.
7. Got to see Matt from Land of 1000 Hills Coffee for a very brief time but it was fun!
6. Spending time with the students talking about what we have been learning through the sessions and how the application of it might look on our campus.
5. The Breakout Session with David Platt was one of the most moving things. Just to get back to the basics of loving Jesus so that everything that pours out of us is bringing the Kindgom of Heaven up for the glory of Jesus. His story about adopting children obviously touched my heart.
4. Louie Giglio spoke on the last day about how this generation has a lot of things that distract them and how they have the potential to change the world with their skill sets, passions and desire to make Jesus’ name famous. He gave the analogy of how all of the brand named products want people to carry their names and if people don’t buy in and carry their name then they will fail. As Christians we have to understand that the name Christian means nothing but to carry the name of Jesus is everything.
3. Lecrea late night concert was pretty legit. It was nice to listen to the explanations behind the songs he sings and to know that he is theologically sound in what he believes, sings and preaches! Even John Piper interviewed him about his message in song and the church plant he is serving alongside.
2. Beth Moore spoke on Romans 12:1-2 about being transformed and renewed in the mind. She said we have the freedom to change our mind and once we start to change our mind then our actions will change. She also explained the difference between destructive thought patterns and distracting thought patterns. We don’t realize that we get so distracted.
1. Francis Chan probably spoke the most to my heart. He made a statement that he wanted to correct some of the things being said of him since he has left his church in California. He told us that he did not leave the church because he was so godly. He did it because he needed to leave from people who WERE godly. He challenged us to really weigh out what we believe about the Bible and how they matches up in our lives.