Looking to make a difference? Here are some simple ways to start making a difference…
1. Buy some TOMS shoes. Sure they might look weird and might be a little beyond your style, but what is better than having a comfortable pair of shoes knowing a little kid is getting a pair of shoes that will prevent them from possibly dying. How can you do that? Go to http://www.toms.com and browse through the options! When you go to check out online be sure to entere the promo code: CAMPUSCSU to get $5 off. You can also visit Phillips Shoes (downtown on King St), Charleston Water Sports (Mt. Pleasant) or Half Moon Outfitters (Downtown on King St).
It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
2. We’ve got a Dig for the Cure night happening at the Volleyball Game on October 26th at 7 p.m. versus College of Charleston. The clubs on-campus will be having an ice cream eating contest during halftime. Give your pennies to vote on who you think will win the contest. All change will be given towards the money raised for Breast Cancer Research.
3. On October 19th from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of the CAF come out and join in the PINK Tie Dye Party. It is $10 to tie dye a shirt that we would like for everyone to wear to the game on October 26th. Those who have on this Tie Dye shirt will get to sit in VIP seating at the game. All $10 will go straight to Breast Cancer Research.
4. Even beyond the month of October there is a local organization that is raising awareness and funds for Breast Cancer research. A friend of mine, Leslie Moore, helped to found Warriors Wear Pink and not they are trying to give, encourage and change the lives of “warriors” in the Lowcountry! The money they make: “10% of all profits from Warriors Wear Pink merchandise and events go directly to local families affected by breast cancer, here in the Low Country. This 10% goes towards our Warriors Wear Pink Foundation to provide childcare, medication, transportation, financial assistance and physical and emotional support for all new warriors.” Check them out at http://warriorswearpink.com.
Support a Club…
5. The Athletic Trainers are selling tshirts for $10. They are REAL fresh. They come in hot pink, neon yellow, lime green and grey. The best part — on the back it says FEAR THE BUCCANEER! They are raising money to go to a convention for Athletic Training!
6. Buy an Elevate tshirt for $10 and you choose one of the 12 ministry/service partnerships that $4 will go to. Find out more about these 12 ministries by stopping by the Campus Ministries office in the Brewer Center OR at the GO CENTER following Elevate on Thursdays at 8 p.m. in the CAF.
7. The IMB is working on getting the names of unreached people groups out to people around the world. They are asking people to journal through the process of impacting one of these people groups. They 6 steps are: find out who they are, find out where they are, pray for them, give for them, go to them, share His hope with them. If you choose to take this challenge you can simply go to http://www.imb.org/main/lead/gettingthere/default.asp
8. Want to give to someone like you’ve been given? I don’t mean tangible gifts or activities. I am talking about teaching someone character, morals, standards and methods to develop those. Become a mentor! Take someone younger than you under your wings and help them along the way. For more information click here.
Feel good about yourself…
9. Go through your closet and dresser drawers to find clothes that you no longer choose to wear, put them in a bag/box and take them to the Goodwill Drop-off.
10. Make a list of ten Random Acts of Kindness and take the challenge to complete them before Thanksgiving!